[UK-CONTEST] CQWW 160M

Bob Beebe gu4yox at cwgsy.net
Sun Feb 5 08:49:08 EST 2006

Well done to Justin G4TSH and Vic M2D on your contest efforts - fabulous scores.

I was looking at what I thought was my spoof mult in my 101 mults total, which was at 2309z I worked N7FU who reported he was in Washington State - Having looked up at the DX Atlas he was around two and a half hours before sunset on the West US Coast! This can't be genuine I thought - Next morning I got an e-mail from Darren asking if the QSL address was correct! Amazing - Never worked the west coast at that time before. I little more homework produced Darren in the 3B9C log again well before sunset one night. Perhaps he works all his best DX in the daytime...

Great conditions for 160M.

Not many other contest reports being posted as yet.

73

Bob
GU4YOX

Sent via Cable & Wireless Guernsey system at cwgsy.net