[UK-CONTEST] 160m Contest Activity

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Mon Feb 13 10:57:21 EST 2006

On 12 Feb 2006 at 21:11, Nigel G3TXF wrote:

> By the way what happened to the bottom 10kHz (1800-1810) of Grandad's
> Band anyway? Has someone chopped it off while I wasn't looking?

I forget the exact time, but it was quite some years ago that the
bottom 10kHz was dropped from the allocation in most of Europe. I
think it was around the time we got the increased power in the 1810-
1850 slot. You should read your BR68 Nigel, it has been the case for
a very long time.

It is worth noting in this respect that there have been some
infringements of the 1810 band limit in CQWW, CQ160 etc. Stations
operating below 1810, including it seems some UK stations, are of
course operating outside their license terms.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com