[UK-CONTEST] N1MM in UK

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 18 07:05:38 EST 2006

Not sure about your logic here Dave. Cabrillo does not support points
allocation although there is space in the header, the rules for RSGB HF
Contests don't require a summary sheet and claimed score listings are no
longer published. There is ano call for claimes scores to be submitted
in the General Rulkes unless you are submitting paper log, whatever they
are!!

Can't think that I have calculated scores for such as 160m Contests or
Field Days for several years now. There is certainly a case for a sanity
check on your own log to weed out any funnies and I have used Excel to
do that over a number of years. There is a program called SH5 which
pulls out some good check and stats now.

I was amused by a request, I think on this Reflector, for Wronglog to
support AFS scoring. Yer what? Presumably the guy had difficulty with
adding a zero into his Q total!! I guess AFS points could come down to 1
point per Q now. The only reason it was put at 10, as I recall, was to
allow points deduction for errors in the exchange, ie 3 points per
error. That has since been abolished. So for AFS and Cumulatives you
only need a program that will accept an incoming serial number and
produce a Cabrillo file. Can't think that I have had an NA, WL or MM
file rejected.

The requirement for multi-operators in such as IOTA, CW and SSB Field
Day, LP FD and the old 21/28 contests are different in that networking
and Cluster are vital. I always found NA to be very easy to set-up and
WL was abominable. I think this is where N1MM really comes in to its own
apart as well as all the other good things about it.

73 Chris G3SJJ