[UK-CONTEST] ARRL CW - 20m SOSB

Nigel G3TXF nigel at G3TXF.com
Mon Feb 20 17:03:52 EST 2006

ARRL CW:

G3TXF did 20m HP Single-Op : 1,520 QSOs (up slightly on last year's 1,435Q's).

Claimed score (264k) was also up slightly, despite having one Mult (VE4=MB!) less (58 vs 59) than last year. The usual hard-core "toughy" Canadian Mults (NWT, YT, LAB and NU) were missing, of course.

Conditions seemed to pick up towards the end on Sunday afternoon. The operating time on Saturday was 1000z to 2130z, and from 1005z to 2200z on the Sunday.

I may well have left the operating chair a bit too early on both days, but particularly on the Sunday, where there was still probably a few more 20m QSOs to be had after 2200z. Total operating time (according to CT) was 22 hours, but "sitting in operating chair" time was about 23.5 hours.

Antennas (2 x 3el monobanders) were erected (in the driving rain and cold!) last Thursday and were all taken down again today (in the high winds and sunshine!) Monday.

73 - Nigel G3TXF

PS : Who else was doing 20m SOSB HP from the UK, I wonder? G3AB? M7Z? Any others?