[UK-CONTEST] Radcom

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 20 17:46:24 EST 2006

Just been reflecting on the current Radcom. Generally better than of
recent with some good amateur radio and related electronics topics
covered. I still wonder though why we need to have 4 pages devoted to
Aviation Radio. Whilst in itself is probably an interesting topic, I
feel the connection to real Amateur Radio a little tenuous. The other
thing I noticed was in Member's Ads which featured a photograph of a GPS
unit. Trying to get underneath the reason for that one. Three scenarios
come to mind : a) Only this advertiser requested a photograph to be
added, b) The editor thought the readers wouldn't understand what a GPS
system is, c) This was the only bit of kit the Editor recognised!  Also,
I wonder what an A35 beam looks like? An Austin car? A Tongan? A road?

Chris G3SJJ