[UK-CONTEST] IOTA 2006

Cooper, Stewart coopers at odl.co.uk
Tue Feb 21 06:05:11 EST 2006

This year I hope to be operating portable in IOTA 2006 from a beach a long way away. I see a lot of adverts around for lightweight portable antennas (Buddipole, Pacific,  etc.) which are all loaded in some way. I can't see why I just can't make quarter wave verticals for 20 / 15m. I don't like coils!
Has anyone tried making one from standard aluminium tubing with perhaps a telescopic top section? How did you join the telescopic bit to the main bit? How do you ground mount it? I want it to be less than 60cm long collapsed. Any advice welcome.
Sorry for the slightly off-topic bandwidth. Please reply direct.

Stewart
GM4AFF

Offshore Design Ltd

www.odl.co.uk

This email is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information. You should not disclose its contents to any other person. Any
unauthorised review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately.