[UK-CONTEST] 80m CC

Lee Volante lee at g0mtn.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Feb 23 16:46:39 EST 2006

Hi Clive,

Good point.  However, the contest is essentially domestic for several months
nearer the summer, especially on SSB during busy sessions.

There's a school of thought that says as many events as possible should be
on the international calendars, and another that says limit it to the 'true'
international events so the most referenced pages can be found more easily.

But at least we'd get to the bottom of the "just what was that Russian
contest?" queries, but we'd have to include the likes of the Second Class
Operators Club (SOC) Marathon, the "Run for the Bacon" contest, and the
"Superiority of the Amur area" contest (if the translation is right!) too
whilst trying to find the ARRL DX rules.  :-)

I guess it's up to the calendar 'owner' but obviously if nobody asks, we
don't get. HFCC had made a point in the past of making sure all of the
bigger RSGB events were listed on the major calendars.

73,

Lee G0MTN