[UK-CONTEST] 80m CC CW - G3LET

Peter Hobbs peter at tilgate.co.uk
Thu Feb 23 17:32:30 EST 2006

Another enjoyable event but a cold one (an inch of lying snow here) but the activity level was excellent - I heard quite a lot of participating stations calling that didn't find me!   Nearer signals went a bit watery during the last half hour but very low noise level and everyone was perfectly readable.  A good signal from Brian 'ODV again, but nothing further out.  Needed quite a wide filter and a finger on the RIT - for some reason several peeps were calling up to 250Hz off.

I left the last half hour to pick up the big sigs on S&P, but didn't quite cover the band before the end - another miscalculation - but perhaps better than scratching around for the last QSO.  Ended on 119 with one dupe (well I thought he was calling me the first time . . .)

Regards and thanks to all for the QSOs

Peter G3LET