[UK-CONTEST] CW 80m CC

Berni GU0IDA g0ida at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 17:56:49 EST 2006

HI all,

  I did search n pounce for the first 45 min, mopping up the "big guns" and running at 1.5 QSO per/min. Then finally found a gap and called CQ, slowed down to 1 QSO p/m, I can never seem to get a space early on, I seem to be too far South.

  Enjoyed it very much and enjoyed using my newly aquired FT1000MP Mk V with Inrads, it worked a treat and I gave it a good run. Ant G5RV at 25ft, home made Z-Match and used WriteLog.

  Sorry to those who I had to ask to send thier callsigns again, it's just the way things are with me at times.

  I made 90 QSOs, which is my best from Gurensey, so I'm very happy :-)

  Chris, although it might be frustrating at times I think this event is great for encouraging new folk in clubs and giving them the feel for contesting, which is where I started many, many years ago and would concider myself to be a reasonable if not a good op these days.

  73s

  Berni
  GU0IDA