[UK-CONTEST] 80m CC CW G3SJJ

John Muzyka g4rcg at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 25 05:23:53 EST 2006

Ok Chris point taken, no prob's
  John RCG

G3SJJ <g3sjj at btinternet.com> wrote:
  You have still missed the point John. My original comment was NOT,
repeat NOT, repeat NOT, aimed at up and coming cw ops.

It is only subsequent postings from other people that have gone down
that route.

It is now agreed that the contest software involved, and used by a
cross-section of people, is responsible.

Please try not to read something into this that doesn't exist.

Like you over the years I have encouraged and continue to encourage new
and inexperienced contest operators, but if you are going to do that you
need make sure they are picking up good techniques and not bad ones.

What frustrated me originally was a) that this has been raised before
and b) there appeared to be an increase.

If this then goes on to major international contests, the UK is going to
get itself a bad name for introducing poor operating techniques. It is
up to us, the more experienced people, to make sure this doesn't happen.
Paul, has agreed to take it up, so PLEASE, no more suggestions that I am
complaining about newer ops.

Chris G3SJJ