[UK-CONTEST] Contest exchanges

Justin Snow justin at g4tsh.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 26 19:02:07 EST 2006

>>From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek at ifwtech.co.uk>
<snip>
Once again, I am not setting this up in opposition to the standards that
apply on HF. They're just different rules that only apply in their own
territories.

Fair enough Ian, but my point is that in my experience of VHF contests, VHF
FD, Backpackers and odd events on 2m, I have not experienced this to be the
norm. So is there a difference of interpretation or does the majority
choose to ignore these details of the rules?  In the RSGB VHF rules at
least, I consider it to be open to interpretation as to wether both parties
have to give both calls or just that the two callsigns have to be exchanged.
73
Justin

Justin Snow  G4TSH