[UK-CONTEST] AFS

Dave Sharred dave at g3nkc.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Jan 13 08:27:06 EST 2006

On a personal level (Lichfield ARS);   we are finding it increasingly
difficult to field a team of 5 for CW; so not surprisingly; would prefer to
see parity in team sizes of SSB and CW.

My feeling is that the team tables would not change so greatly by limiting
the team sizes - the best teams tend  to have the best operators anyway; it
would just give those who are not able to field a full team a chance to make
their mark felt; and reward those stalwarts that want to come on, despite
not being able to field a full team. with a better placing

I am not so sure that limiting the size of the teams would mean a reduction
in  the number of entries; you should still encourage your club
participation to come on and work a Societies based test; and of course
support your own team !!  In my opinion, it could be tested for 1 year; if
it is detrimental; then the old format reinstated.

Ref Ed's comment on CCC - that was introduced when the Verulam contest grew
too big (after they moved it from a Sunday daytime contest to a Saturday
evening Contest)  ; and was handed from Verulam to the RSGB to take it
over - in the early 1980's from memory.

73

Dave
G3NKC