[UK-CONTEST] uk dx rtty

Andy swiffin a.l.swiffin at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Jan 26 04:34:37 EST 2006

>>> Graeme Caselton <gcaselton at yahoo.com> wrote on 26/01/2006
02:01:13:
> That was most likely me Andy! I lost my Internet access before the
> competition and was unable to look up the correct exchange code
> needed via http://www.srars.org/ukdx/ukdxclist.pdf. It wasn't until
> worked M3CVN who gave 'LO' and lives about 10 miles away, that I
> realised 'BR' from me was wrong. By then it was too late.....I don't
> suppose anyone else wondered why a G station would be using the
> Bridgend [Wales] BR code!
>
> Never mind...great fun was had and a log submitted.
>
> Graeme
> G6CSY

Hi Thanks for the qso Graeme - no I never realised your exchange was
wrong!  It was G3NDC who sent me HA and N1MM refused to log it (I just
stuck HM in and changed it later - darn knowitall software :-) .   As I
say, perfectly understandable error, far more logical than some code
that no one knows!   I wonder a) how many of the UK ops were in fact
sending a postcode b) what they'll do to logged contacts where the
sender was using a postcode, discount them?.  The rules say "The UK
Postal Codes are not acceptable for the UK DX RTTY Contest".    This all
assumes that there'll be results - I know Pat F6IRF was not at all
happy, as of 11th Jan it seems there were no results for 2005 so he was
touting for a general boycott :-)

I see that some people took it quite seriously though, UU7J with 877
qsos in multi hp and lz2be with 667 in SOHP, ut9fj with 664 is SOLP.

73
andy gm8oeg