[UK-CONTEST] Draft of new licence

Don Beattie g3ozf at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 4 09:56:11 EDT 2006

Colin,

Thanks for the background. I don't mind the concept of an Alternative
Address (to differentiate from /P and "portable") but why, if the change is
pre-notified, is the /A suffix needed ?

I seem to remember that the original context of /A (many years ago) was:

a) Pre-notification of operation at alternative address: use normal call
b) No pre-notification of operation at alternative address: use /A and
announce location
c) Portable location: /P

I would have thought that (a) and (c) would have been the way ahead. Look on
it as the same as advising Ofcom of a change of address, and then to change
it back after the operation ! In that case - no need for /A !!  (:-)

73

Don