[UK-CONTEST] Draft of new licence

Chris Tran zl1ct at gm7v.com
Wed Jul 5 06:39:00 EDT 2006

Hi all

Just back from preparations for GB5HQ this coming weekend - hope you will
work us on 160m SSB and 40m SSB (and as many other band/modes as possible)

I am disappointed that the special Club Callsign prefixes have been
removed - seemingly without wide consultation - our club callsign GS2MP
always attracted a lot of attention on the air and our QSL manager now has
several thousand useless QSL cards !

If the 'greetings message' privilege was being abused, why not just remove
that ?  I'm sure many other clubs will be dismayed at the sudden loss of
their special club prefix. I don't agree that they were 'confusing' - more
like 'distinctive and interesting'.

73
Chris
GM3WOJ