[UK-CONTEST] NFD

gm4fam at tiscali.co.uk gm4fam at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jun 5 16:05:04 EDT 2006

Hi gang

We had an absolute blast - our site was a sheltered corner of the GM3WOJ
estate with no external noise of any kind ... the WX was 'quiet' with balmy
spring condx and only a touch of rain early Sunday a.m.

This was our first contest together and we were very sorry it ended - 10m
was absolutely flying at 1500z Sunday!

Having operated for so many years with G3GRS it was a real learning curve
from up here - the bands are so different (especially 160m which was very
hard going trying to break thru the QRN which everyone else seemed to be
suffering from when it was all quiet here!).  Educational, fun and challenging
- we have made notes and refinements will be made for next year

Thanks to Chris GM3WOJ and XYL Pippa for the marvellous hospitality - roll
on 2007!

160  118
80    141
40    171