[UK-CONTEST] NEW HAND BAGGAGE RULES

Mike Harris mike.harris at horizon.co.fk
Wed Jun 14 11:16:02 EDT 2006

G'day,

| HAND BAGGAGE
| >From 5 July 2006, all customers will be able to take one standard-sized
bag (maximum size of 56cm x 45cm x 25cm), plus one briefcase, laptop bag
or equivalent into the cabin as hand baggage. You must be able to lift
your hand baggage into the overhead locker unaided and the briefcase or
laptop computer bag or equivalent must fit under the seat in front of you.

| Time to get into training to lift the Alpha over your head ? (:-)

Yer, right, the last thing I would want is some overloaded overhead
baggage locker bursting open on a heavy landing showering the cabin with
missiles.  I've experienced some landings that would do justice to the
description "carrier landing".  The way those lockers shake and rattle on
take off is interesting to say the least.

So not only are passengers known as "self loading cargo" we are saving BA
money on baggage handling.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO