[UK-CONTEST] QRO

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Mon May 1 16:40:26 EDT 2006

I don't think that would be a good way to progress Chris. I am sure the
teams on either side would want just one set of negotiations without
having the thought of having to return to the subject a second time.
Also anyone not having access to an SCC call would be disadvantaged.
Reference the DX community, I am sure anyone who doesn't feel they are
able to compete would have taken their own action anyway and wouldn't
feel the need to raise the subject, ie Established Precedent. As I have
already said I think there are three compelling reasons for an upgrade :

- Solid evidence now that other Eu countries have already done this.
- Established Precedent in the UK over a very long period, ie legalise
an existing practice.
- Redress the balance of competitiveness for those who do abide by the
current limits.

Chris G3SJJ