[UK-CONTEST] Commonwealth Award Survey Assistance

johndunnington johndunnington at johndunnington.karoo.co.uk
Mon May 15 18:38:52 EDT 2006

Hello Reflectee's

For some time I have been advocating the use of  "Adjudicated Contest QSO's
as being acceptable proof of QSO to count towards the RSGB CCC Award".

Thanks to Les Alwood G3VQO (Adjudicator) and Bob Whelan G3PJT we have come
up with a possible solution still to be ratified by HFCC and the RSGB Board
for QSO's completed during the Annual Commonwealth Contest.

Les has provided the information to enable me to expand my Commonwealth
Century Award Database but there is little point in doing lots of work on
individual files if you are not interested. So can I ask those who are to
indicate by Email such I can see what sort of reaction (and workload) I
might have.

For those who are active in the award program the plan is to send you an
approved list of call areas by band once adjudication is completed. On
application for award claims and upgrades you would just mark the band slot
CC05 or CC06 to indicate the contest year. For any potential new claimants I
can do one of two options:

Start you an electronic entry and mail you an Excel form with the current
situation so you can add your QSL Cards.
Send you a list by contest of "Approved Call Area QSO's" and you can add
these to the paper application as you prepare your submission.

I will not create electronic application forms for all entrants only by
request if you want to make a start toward gaining the award.

It will also help if you have either the CCC Award or 5B-CCC award to
indicate in your email request the Date and Number if you can as it will
help to trace old applications.

Full details of the CCC Award are available at
http://www.rsgb-spectrumforum.org.uk/
Follow HF then HF Awards

Or go direct
http://www.rsgb-spectrumforum.org.uk/ccc.htm