[UK-CONTEST] Generators

Ray Hills g3hrh at btinternet.com
Tue May 16 12:24:34 EDT 2006

The most important thing is to get a 4-stroke engine.  There is a number of
2-stroke engined generators about but I have found them unreliable starters
and also poorly regulated.  I recommend the Wolf 1200 watt from ScrewFix
(p.853 in the latest catalogue ref no. 86670-81 WP1200LR)  I have one and am
very satisfied with it.  It is a good starter and the regulation both on AC
and DC is pretty good although if using the 12v DC output I wouldalways hang
a battery across it as a large "capacitor".

Ray G3HRH