[UK-CONTEST] HF NFD Rules

G3RIR g3rir at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 17:32:15 EDT 2006

Could some one please help me understand a particular rule for NFD. Indeed
perhaps there is someone on the hfcc who could comment.

The rules state

b) and (c) Restricted and Low Power sections: One transmitter and one
receiver or one transceiver. Both receivers in a dual receive transceiver
may be used, if desired.

This rule says if you use a separate transmitter and receiver then you are
only able to use one receiver but if you use a transceiver which has two
receivers then you are allowed to use them both ie two receivers.

Am I allowed to use two transceivers which each have two receivers but
disable the trasmitter in one and disable the second receivers in each. I
would then still only be using two receivers as I would if they were in the
same box but completely independant as in the FT100D

Neil, G3RIR