[UK-CONTEST] HF NFD Rules

Dave Lawley g4buo at compuserve.com
Tue May 16 18:08:58 EDT 2006

I've been in touch with Neil about this, but I do not believe it's
correct that the FT1000D gives any advantage of this nature in the
Restricted/QRP sections: you're limited to one antenna so there's no
opportunity to use the FT1000D with bandpass unit to scan another band.

The 'two receiver' rule has a long and not entirely happy history and
what we have now is consistency between the rules for SSB and CW field
days, and a difference between the sections whereby the Open section has
more open rules which would allow use of an FT1000D with bandpass unit
and a separate receive antenna, or use of two independent receivers.

Dave G4BUO