[UK-CONTEST] NFD

Justin Snow justin at g4tsh.demon.co.uk
Wed May 17 14:44:22 EDT 2006

Neil et al,
I don't think you have proved anything.
If we were to have a rule that simply said one TX and one RX the people who
could only have a rig with a valve PA would start complaining about all
those people with solid state rigs and auto tune ATU's.
Fact of the matter is that NFD has often been won by stations using bog
standard FT1000mp's and a home built manually tuned and switched ATU.

Those people who get all wound up about what the other guy has often loose
sight of how to achieve the real goal.
Those who want to win, will often do so with an apparently sub optimal
station.  They just get to know how to use it better.

As for the rules needing clarification, they seem pretty clear to me, in
English at anyrate.
73
Justin, G4tSH