[UK-CONTEST] 6m multipath

Darren GØTSM uk-contest at g0tsm.com
Sat May 27 05:51:44 EDT 2006

Shame you didnt record it then you could work out roughly what
distance the sigs are being reflected back at by looking at the file
in a sound editing program (50wpm cw is easier to look at). , I think
it is 6.5ms per 2000km SpE hop (x2 to get the reflection back),
running QSK my mp would never hear my own 1 hop 13ms echo as it's
still returning to rx... I cant remember what the pro2 did but it was
a lot quicker than my declicked mp's 18ms...

Those were the days, 12M in 2000/2001 you could send a dit and hear
it's trans-global multiple echo disappearing into the noise.

Darren