[UK-CONTEST] Further to Generators...

ADRIAN REES rees.a at btconnect.com
Wed May 31 05:58:38 EDT 2006

Hi all
many thanks for the useful information regarding power and generators.
I think a little more information may be useful....

The easiset way to do this is to go to Streetmap:
 http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=325907&y=340221&z=3&sv=325907,340221&st=4&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&dn=712&ax=325907&ay=340221
This then generates a map of the area. You will see line numbering...4....25.....26 in Blue. My QTH is directly under the 6,(of the 26) next to the road. (Blaenau Uchaf is accross the road and to the left).
The shack will be located under the 4 (of the 349 Spot height Triangle).
The cabling, takeing the shortest route, will need to be just a tad over 400 M long, running from the House's main Fuse Board to the Shack. Walking up to the shack in all weathers isn't too much of a problem (already have a Landrover) and the actual hill only rises about 15 M between the house and the shack.
Some sort of re-positioning the of the shack may be prudent. Perhaps moving it closer to the house.
In the mean time if any of you guys want to come and use the site for a VHF or Field day style contest (except SSB Field Day) then you'd be more than welcome. (Bring your own generators though!)
73
Adrian (MW1LCR)