[UK-CONTEST] CQWW SSB - M8C Cray Valley RS

Dave Lawley g4buo at compuserve.com
Wed Nov 1 18:13:16 EST 2006

We thought we'd have another go at the G multi-2 record and I think we
have grabbed it from G4UJS after coming close last year. We have a good
radio site at Dartford, but it's not really big enough for an M2
station. The topband dipole had to be stretched out across an adjoining
car park after dark, and we had no receive antennas.

Plenty of club members turned up to help and/or operate, and we had some
good runs especially on Saturday. 10m conditions were awesome for the
bottom of the cycle: while turning the beam to pick up K3NA, I paused
the CQ and was very surprised to be called by HS0ZEE! OA4WW was a big
disappointment on 40m, I'm pretty sure he was hearing us but wouldn't
make the QSO so we lost the double mult. DJ4PT also gave us a lot of
grief on 20m on Sunday afternoon.

One of our members G3SXE usually joins a Canadian team in zone 2 but
this year it was the turn of Bob VE3SRE to join us, he couldn't get over
the lack of snow!

Raw score:

160   269   44    9
  80   921   70   12
  40   446   79   17
  20  1302  123   36
  15  1319  120   32
  10   603   87   22
      ====  ===  ===
      4860  523  128  =  4,661,811

Team: M0CRY G0VJG M3CVN M3RCV G3SXE VE3SRE G0FDZ G4BUO G7GLW M0MYC M3NBT
M3PHP M3JFM G1BUO

FT1000MP + Ten-Tec Centurion
FT1000MP MkV + Acom 1000
FT1000MP spotter
160m dipole up 60ft; 80m dipole up 55ft; 40m delta loop; 20/10m DX33
tribander up 60ft; 15/10m quad up 40ft; Butternut for spotting. 6-Pak
antenna switch, stubs and Dunestar filters. Win-Test for logging.

Dave G4BUO