[UK-CONTEST] QSL - QTH

Paul Beecham paul at prolectric.co.uk
Fri Nov 3 13:01:42 EST 2006

For what it's worth I agree that qsl-ing  is important,  personally I find
qsl-ing a chore and thats why I have a manager.(Graham M5AAV) During
contests or special events we can make thousands of contacts so it's
reasonable to expect a fair few requests for confirmation.
It was decided so as not to get a bad name that these would all be handled
by our manager.  Although Graham's time is free the postage costs and cards
are not and can run into hundreds of pounds over the year.  This is funded
by me but it goes with the "territory" so to speak, although I'm not over
the moon about shelling out it,s just part of the game.
It's unfortunate that some others don't feel this way or even worse try to
make money out of it !
Another problem is the qsl route, no matter how many time's you post your
qsl information there will always be somebody who get's it wrong. It's pot
luck wether they get confirmation or not but you can see how some might feel
like they've been "ripped" off , all by their own making I might add !.

73 Paul

G6PZ
 -----