[UK-CONTEST] PL259 Plugs

Laurence Mason laurence at forest-farm.co.uk
Fri Nov 10 17:27:56 EST 2006

One should use EHT connectors for EHT - not rf coax types. With an EHT
connector the HV connection is actually recessed into the body of the
insulation in the centre and it is extremely difficult to touch with a
finger. PET, SHV are things to look for.

I was a student with someone who was trying to reach behind his
amplifier to change the antenna, only the 259 he undid was the eht not
the antenna. It went in his fingers and out through his elbow which was
on a conductive bench - I seem to remember he only spent 24 hours in
hospital and in the end did not need skin grafts to heal the burnt
areas. He was lucky that it went in and out the same arm and not across
the chest...

Laurence G4HTD