[UK-CONTEST] Club Calls Contest

Steve White g3zvw at talktalk.net
Mon Nov 13 05:21:42 EST 2006

Callum:
It's not all Smarties that make people go 'grrr', it's just the blue ones.
Stay off the blue ones and you'll be OK.

All:
Operated /P and experienced some deliberate jamming before kick-off, by
someone who wanted me to QSY and leave a quiet frequency for him. No deal!

I remember a previous exchange of views on the exchange of club name in CCC.
The adjudicator entered the debate to say that HFCC were NOT that picky
about it, so if you logged 'Radio Club' when it was actually 'Radio Society'
(I have often heard inconsistent names given by different members of the
same club/society) or spelt Lichfield wrong, you shouldn't be penalised.

So far as I'm concerned, the fact that there were some inexperienced contest
operators on the band should be a cause for celebration. Although I find it
as frustrating as everyone else when my report is repeated back to me, let's
not lambast them for not being slick, let's encourage them into the fold and
help them improve.

Steve, G3ZVW.