[UK-CONTEST] 80m CC's and the data leg

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 17 15:49:53 EST 2006

With respect Phil and others, you are missing the point. The
contributors against data modes are not talking about sending, they are
talking about H E A R I N G.

In all modes there are aids to sending information. That is not in question.

You send info and you H E A R information. That to us is what amateur
radio is all about.

Why have I just built and installed a coax loop RX antenna, why have I
installed Inrad 400 and 250Hz filters?

Why INDEED have I bought a pair of noise canceling headphones?

The answer -

To H E A R with my own E A R S and decode the information.

When I come in to the shack I put the headphones on to L I S T E N to a
station

If I wanted to see it displayed on a screen I would use email.

That is the simple message we want to get across! Not mean to be
abusive, just to try and get the point across on behalf of those who
enjoy listening!

73 Chris G3SJJ