[UK-CONTEST] 80m CC's and the data leg

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 17 17:06:24 EST 2006

No but yes but ... I agree, we weren't and still don't want to show how
clever we were at decoding CW by ear. ( I also recall failing the
numbers section of my morse test!) That isn't the point though. This
thread is really about whether you listen to a station, or look at it.
Some of us prefer to listen whilst others are content to look.

Understand what you mean about a contesting, a late well known UK
contester once wouldn't submit an entry to Commonwealth Contest because
he knew he had been beaten even though he had spent 24 hours operating.
I also know of a living contester who will only enter if he wins. Watch
my score in tomorrow's 160m contest and you'll know it isn't me!

BTW, ask GU4YOX, he played Pike in a GU adaptation, he'll probably say
is was the Scottish guy who said that!

Chris G3SJJ