[UK-CONTEST] Macs, PCs& Linux

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 18 12:22:13 EST 2006

A tad off topic, but then perhaps not?

I am increasingly fed up with the Windows OS, in respect of
instability and other issues. Yes I use XP, an order better
than Win9x, but still less than satisfactory with the load I
currently place upon it, particularly of late with so much
USB stuff strutting its stuff. Now I know that I can do
virtually all that I need outside of contesting software on
a Mac or Linux, but of course contesting software is soooo
heavily biased towards the PC architecture.

Now I know that Linux does have some form of Windows
emulation, Mac OS I'm unsure about. So my basic question is
whether either of those systems is currently viable in its
support of Windows software that it could run say N1MM ( et
al). I would gladly bin my PC hardware and invest in a Mac
if that were the case.

Anyone know the score?

73

Clive