[UK-CONTEST] 1.8 MHz Contest G3SJJ

Chris Tran zl1ct at gm7v.com
Sun Nov 19 09:10:40 EST 2006

Hi all

Chris G3SJJ wrote :
> Used Wintest in support of the G5W effort next weekend and have to say I
> don't like it. Very much old CT style, log and QSO entry window all one
> and in a fixed position on the screen. Really old hat. No ESM so hands
> needing to wander all over the keyboard. It doesn't handle Winkey well
> at all.

Sorry you didn't like WinTest Chris - I think it's the best CW contesting
software to come along for a long time. Maybe I'm not understanding ESM
correctly but I can't see any advantages in it at all. Not sure why your WT
would have wrong speeds, I think they are fairly accurate (direct LPT
keying, not via WinKey) ?

All down to how we operate CW individually of course. We've given up on
Writelog and I don't like N1MM - most un-user-friendly software ever !
WinTest looks a bit like good ole CT but is 200% more sophisticated.
Networking is rock-solid and it handles serial number sending better than
most of the other contest logging software.

Please work GD6IA in CQ WW CW next weekend - using WinTest of course !

I've recently added more info to my lattice tower ramblings on
www.qsl.net/gm3woj/latticetower.htm

73
Chris
GM3WOJ