[UK-CONTEST] Stub mast

John Muzyka g4rcg at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 20 09:06:51 EST 2006

Not in the present threads but a question which I am sure will get me a few replies,
  What do most people use on here for stub masts that come out of the rotator to carry the antennas ????
  I use 2" (which is not 2" at all) steel scaffold pole about 5' then put one of those tubing sleeves (with a load of nut and bolts on each side, I have these strengthed by welding a metal strip both sides top to bottom) the put in 2" (which is not 2") Aluminium scaffold pole about 10' to then mount my other warc beam above the 2 element 40/30m beam (with a 2/70 co-linear on the top)
  With the wx getting more and more stormy as the years go on I want to make sure I dont get another stub bending or snapping (I have one bend the steel pipe in two about 2 years ago)
  So what do other people use ???
  Cheers
  John G4RCG