[UK-CONTEST] Chairs!

Ian Fugler G4IIY zen90387 at zen.co.uk
Mon Nov 20 08:56:26 EST 2006

Bob

Discomfort is good.  It keeps you awake.  When I actually managed to do the
full 48 hours in CQWW one year, I did the last six hours on a high back,
wooden kitchen chair with no cushion.

I have two office-type chairs in the shack.  One is leather and the other
cloth.  Every few hours, I simply swap from one to the other.  It is also
not unknown for me to stand up and operate for short periods.  The other
thing that I do is move the keyboard on to my lap at times, just to change
things round.

In my experience any chair becomes uncomfortable after long periods (as you
say 10+ hours), so changing the seat itself, or forcing a change in posture
such as moving the keyboard or lowering the chair is my personal solution.

Ian