[UK-CONTEST] CQWW CW

Stewart Rolfe gw0etf at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 27 17:08:21 EST 2006

Jim Martin wrote:
> That was absolutely amazing fun!
Yes it was fun all right and got even better when someone spots you and
then comments gleefully on the pile-up they've landed on the recipient
:-)  In fact your spot didn't turn out as manic as some earlier ones so
thanks!
So do I detect an anarchic 'happy slapping' type game played out amongst
'mates' to wake them up from a half sleep on a Sunday evening when you
hear them steadily working a nice run in semi autopilot mode...? Spot
'em and sit back and watch the fun....at least you get a few seconds
warning from N1MM.
Thanks to GW0GEI for letting me take part at his great station; having
an actual choice of antennas is a real novelty for me. High point was
15m on Sunday morning, low was the amp failing 3 hours into the contest
and the inevitable exhaustion taking it's toll on co-ordination and all
reasoning when Sunday evening comes. Steve has the log but think about
2100 qs and 1,250,000 ish points. Much of the time we were single op
however.
Stewart Rolfe, GW0ETF