[UK-CONTEST] 10/15m test

DAVID LURCOOK david.lurcook at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 2 04:08:44 EDT 2006

With's G3LET's success in the restricted section last year using a 1/4 wavelength ground plane for each band (SteppIR) I thought I would ditch the dipoles and give ground planes a try this year.
  Both ground planes were a lash up using fishing poles and I had problems twice with them retracting in the high winds here in Kent!
  Have entered the CW section in the past and decided this year that (to try and fill in the hours!) I would enter the CW/SSB section.
  Conditions were different to last year with no North American stations heard or worked. However, conditions were good to Africa and South America (although not many stations around) during the afternoon/early evening. As it was slow going, was pleased to have a chat with Mike VP8NO and Noz C5DXC.

  Rig: TS850SAT
  Antennas: Seperate 1/4 GP's
  QSO's:  139
  15m - 41 CW, 84 SSB