[UK-CONTEST] Hf Convention

Nick Totterdell NTotterdell at riverauto.co.uk
Tue Oct 10 08:26:13 EDT 2006

Chris SJJ wrote

'I agree with John. Disappointingly I spoke to one attendee over the
weekend and he delighted in saying that he "doesn't do North"
............'

Spare a thought for those of us from Yorkshire; with the long journey
ahead on Friday there was barely time for a dip in the tin bath; I
remembered to iron my cloth cap but I'm not sure if I fed the ferrets.
Thank God there was black pudding for breakfast.

For me Bob Allphin's two presentations on the Peter 1 Dxpedition
justified the trip. The DVD will be a 'must see' to add to  your radio
club programme for next year. The standard of all the presentations that
I attended was very high. The 'geography' content was as fascinating as
the 'radio' content!

Thanks to all those who befriended me as an HF Convention virgin.

Nick G4FAL