[UK-CONTEST] HF SSB band plans

Colin colin at g3psm.net
Tue Oct 24 09:05:51 EDT 2006

Hi Graham,

1.   7.1 - 7.2 MHz is not an 'official' ITU Amateur Service in Region 1
until the 29th March 2009 and it is only by local arrangement that
certain countries have access to this part of the band.   Apart from
upsetting a large number of broadcasters and administrations it would
hardly be a level playing field if it was included in contests for some
Region 1 countries and not others.

2.   As far as 80M is concerned the IARU Region 1 bandplan recommends
3510-3560 kHz as a contest sub-band for CW and 3600-3650/3700-3800 kHz
as contest sub-bands for SSB contests.   You will also find this
recommendation in the RSGB bandplan as well as in the bandplans of other
Region 1 Societies.   Our colleagues in DARC of course consider this a
mandatory regulation and seem unable to accept that it is only a
recommendation.   You should also find these recommendations
incorporated into the RSGB contest rules.

73

Colin, G3PSM
RSGB Spectrum Manager/Director/Dogsbody