[UK-CONTEST] Re VHFCC

Tim Hague m0afj at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Apr 4 14:32:10 EDT 2007

I know that spotting is within the rules but while operating the contest
last night I was watching people arranging QSO's on ON4KST. For those of
a purely HF
bent, the ON4KST site is a VHF/UHF chat room where people set up MS/EME
and long distance tropo contacts.When you log on it automatically logs
your locator on screen, so all thats required is S/N info.
Surely this goes against the spirit of the contest, which being a CC I
would have expected, perhaps naively, to have been a fun thing...., the
guys doing this were the high power, well sited stations who would be
likely to win anyway...
Comments from anyone on the contest committee please
Regards Tim M0AFJ