[UK-CONTEST] Eu Sprint - Apology

Gerard Lynch gerrylynch at freenetname.co.uk
Sun Apr 15 04:05:21 EDT 2007

At 07:03 15/04/2007, you wrote:

>WSEM is problematic in that they don't publish their rules in English
>and don't publicise their events in the mainstream contest calendars.
>I did find their site once, and Google offered a rather amusing (and
>not very helpful) translation.

Full rules of all Russian domestic and
international contests are at http://www.qrz.ru/contest/?month=4

"Kalendar Sorvëvnovanii" means "Contest Calendar", as far as I know.

We have the wonderfully named "Radio Operators of
the Partisans" contest coming up on the 27th
(middle of the night on 80 and 160 SSB).

The ones where the rules are just in Russian are
presumably the parties we're not invited to.  You
can usually piece them together if you can
pronounce the cyrillic letters.  Contest rules
are contest rules in any language.  I've always
assumed WSEM is Russian for "bugger off" (it
actually means "to everyone", ironically).  A
couple of times a year for a few hours wouldn't
be a big deal.  Large multi-band contests pretty
much every month that non-Russian contesters
aren't invited to is bloody anti-social in my view.

73

Gerry G0RTN
http://www.gerrylynch.co.uk
"In days of old, when ops were bold and sidebands not invented
The word would pass by pounding brass, and all were well contented."