[UK-CONTEST] Radcom Contest Results

Graham Ridgeway m5aav at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 24 13:15:09 EDT 2007

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:39:41 -0000, "Clive Whelan"
<clive.whelan at btinternet.com> wrote:

>Peter
>
>Sadly, despite what you, I, and the readership of this forum
>feel, there is virtually zero interest in contests or their
>results amongst UK amateurs as a whole. To believe that we
>could reverse this trend is, imo, unrealistic.
>
>In the U.S., ARRL has discontinued paper based publication
>of all contest results save for the top ten listings. Would
>it not be better therefore, to abandon completely the
>inadequate and glacially slow publication of results in
>Radcom ( apart from the links you propose), and move to
>timely and unconstrained web publication of all contest
>results. Who has the vision to address the issue?

It is really a Catch-22 situation isn't it.

However, in order to avoid giving the non-contesters the opinion that
they have won the day, I feel that RadCom must still carry some
results, even if they are abridged, for if the results are removed,
the next step will surely be no real mention of contesting, although I
sometimes dread to think what they would have put in the extra 1 1/2
pages [*] saved this month.

Probably another 'advert' for a dummy load connected to an aluminium
tube. <smile>

Graham M5AAV

[*] At the bottom of page 67 it says '>>continued' - I can't find the
rest <smile>
73 Graham M5AAV