[UK-CONTEST] Winkey

Mike Harris mike.harris at horizon.co.fk
Sat Dec 1 19:00:05 EST 2007

G'day,

What joy, finally sorted out my keying with the microHAM CW Keyer.  I've
only used it with SD and discovered that somehow the paddle setpoint had
been set to 60% in the .ini file.  Changed it to 40% and the problems went
away.  Now to get used to a somewhat larger contact gap than I like on the
Benched paddles.

Had a listen to myself on 20M via the N2JEU web controlled RX.  The only
audible change going from 50W to 500W was hearing the agc knock the noise
level down.  The agc on the K2 is rather soft and there is quite a
difference in audio level between a weak and strong signal.  Caution was
required during the CQWW CW when listening to an S2 EU sig then tuning up
to an S9+40 LU/PY 'cos you don't know they're there until you drop on the
frequency.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO