[UK-CONTEST] OT: RSGB move and QSL bureau - closure?

Peter Hobbs peter at tilgate.co.uk
Sun Dec 16 07:30:17 EST 2007

QSLs in the traditional sense are, or will soon be, another relic of the
past.  They are already unnecessary for the majority of certification
purposes.  Give it a few years to educate the masses and then the bureau can
be ditched altogether.  RSGB is to be applauded for looking ahead (for
once).

As Chris has pointed out, the need for experienced and capable management
and negotiation skills will always be with us, but these are currently
provided almost exclusively by volunteers.

Electronic delivery of Radcom would also save a bob or two - overall, we
should be looking for a radical reduction in the level of RSGB costs (and
therefore subs) when the dust has settled . . .

73
Peter G3LET