[UK-CONTEST] OT: RSGB move and QSL bureau - closure?

Contesting contesting at m5aav.org.uk
Sun Dec 16 04:53:16 EST 2007

Quoting from the message of Sun, 16 Dec 2007 01:19:20 -0000 from "Ian
Fugler G4IIY" <zen90387 at zen.co.uk> :

> Mike

> I also noticed the 'non-mention' of the QSO buro service.  I simply assumed
> that it would transfer with the new RSGB HQ.  As a QSL sub-manager, I have
> not been advised otherwise.

> Ian G4IIY

> > What it doesn't say is that they are NOT taking the QSL bureau with them;
> > indeed I hear that there is no room for the bureau in their tiny new
> > premises. A source tells me that the bureau's paid staff (and many
> > others)
> > are being made redundant and RSGB will try to outsource it somewhere.

I Think you will find that it is not transferring, and that none of the
existing Staff are relocating.

As for it being 'the reason for Membership', I would respectfully
suggest that it is pretty high on the list for quite a few Members, and
that the work done by The Society in respect of 'retaining' our bands is
ignored by the vast majority of UK Amateurs - if it was otherwise then
the Memebrship figure would be somewhat higher.

Graham M5AAV [Sub Manager M5's]