[UK-CONTEST] Scoring system query in RSGB 2nd 1.8MHz contest result?

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Thu Dec 27 08:20:43 EST 2007

On 27 Dec 2007 at 13:03, Alex GM3ZBE wrote:

> So - where am I making the error?  I suspect it's to do with bonus
> items?

You are not taking into account points lost because of errors.
Depending on the individual contest an error in (say) the serial
number received will result in a penalty of either a percentage of
the QSO points or in some cases all the points for that QSO. You
cannot tell that from the results.

You will not find any stations who have a higher score than what you
calculate! But you may find a few who have lost no points at all.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com