[UK-CONTEST] UK-Contest Digest, Vol 60, Issue 28

Geoffg4afj at aol.com Geoffg4afj at aol.com
Mon Dec 31 10:55:17 EST 2007

In a message dated 28-Dec-07 05:03:21 PM GMT Standard Time,
uk-contest-request at contesting.com writes:

"I had  read that in the USA that they have  worked interstate Es around the
winter solstice on 6m, although several eminent 6m ops on this side had
never heard of it. " .....

I don't think they are eminent 6m ops if they do not know about the winter
Es season. If you are a fully paid up member of the white noise listening
society you know all about it and a few other strange phenomena some  of which do
not seem to be explained by current theories. Try asking G3USF  what mechanism
he believes is responsible for the propagation you observed the  other
evening.

73, Geoff, G4AFJ