[UK-CONTEST] The Anon Guy

Paul Beecham paul at prolectric.co.uk
Mon Feb 26 08:16:03 EST 2007

Hi Chris,

This sounds like the one that constantly bugs me, as you say a competent op.
I have previously posted here about this , I'm sorry that it is happening to
you or anybody else!.
My observations so far -

Located in the UK,  always  599 plus lot's on 40, 80, 160.  so has a very
good set up.
Will mimick you, making contacts with dx- expeditions etc.and making
annoying comments with your call. ( I was e-mailed by an op asking me why I
was doing it ?? )
Sitting on your QRG and making CQ calls with a dx call like VK6PZ  ( this
happens on 160 cw  using VK6PZ,  I could'nt believe the number of G stations
that answered when he was 599 PLUS 40 with me.)
Sending "599 599" and or "dit dit" during your rx cycle.  Even waits for dx
to answer so as to block out the callers .
Returns your cq with  your call sign. ( weird )

I can fully sympathise Chris, it's very annoying, I hope the sick perp.is
not subscribed to this list and getting a kick out of reading this !

73

Paul

G6PZ