[UK-CONTEST] GI0RTN - Irish 80 metres counties contest

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Tue Jan 2 01:40:27 EST 2007

On 1 Jan 2007 at 21:54, Gerard Lynch wrote:

> Thanks to M5FUN, G3YMC and G4BUO from calling in from deep
> South East England for the best 'DX'

Well having listened around 1400 I had already decided this contest
was going to be a waste of time for us in the 'deep south'. All I
heard then were G4FKA and G3ULT/P (Tom G3VQR in disguise) calling CQ
with no takers. Seems you missed both of them? Quick chat to cheer up
Tom then back to the HF bands... Listened again around 1445 and
worked EI5DS and you in quick succession.

Not a bad New Year's Day here (I am well past going for drunken
sprees on New Year's Eve...) with 25 DXCC worked without really
trying....

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com