[UK-CONTEST] Heil Headset Question

Callum M0MCX callum at mccormick.uk.com
Fri Jan 5 19:37:41 EST 2007

Trying to identify a birthday present for me from Wendy. I’m looking at this
page:

            http://www.wsplc.com/acatalog/Audio_headsets.html

I’m currently driving a Heil Goldline mic on an extendable boom. I’m looking
at a headset for field-day / portable / contest use and comparing the
“PRO-SET-PLUS Heil Deluxe Headset/boom mic” at £132 and the “PRO-SET-5 Heil
Large Dual Headphones, boom mic with HC-5 insert” for £85. I only want
(either) the Normal Response HC-5 insert (or better still, the “Studio”
insert as per the Heil Goldline Mic which seems to suit me and my MP very
well). If I could get the Normal insert AND the Studio insert, I’d spend the
extra for the £132.

Anyway, since many of you guys here have experience of these, is there any
use in spending the extra £50 for a switchable HC-4 and HC-5 when I will
only use the HC-5? Perhaps these headsets are fundamentally different / more
comfortable etc etc..???

<later: What about “PSQP-5 Heil Proset Quiet Phone with HC-5 insert” for
£150. Someone mentioned these and said they were well cool. Did I hear
right?>

Callum

M0MCX